About St. Patrick’s College
St Patrick's College, a third level educational institution, is located in the picturesque town of Thurles, Co. Tipperary. The College has a history of religious and humanities education dating back to 1837. The college currently offers a range of courses, both full-time and part-time in education, business, religion, theology, philosophy, pastoral care, and psychology.
From 2002 to 2005 the college has undergone a massive re-generation. The college has been completely re-furbished and re-fitted to the highest modern standards. As well as offering a number of full time academic courses, St. Patrick's College serves as a centre for theological, pastoral and spiritual renewal in the region. The College has excellent educational, residential, catering and recreational facilities. The spacious and properly maintained grounds, ample parking and strategic location provide an ideal setting to pursue higher education.
St. Patrick’s College is a third level College of Education. The College seeks to foster a progressive community atmosphere, which nurtures both staff and students in an open, collegial and stimulating environment. It strives to promote critical thinkers and reflective practitioners who will be influential contributors to society.
St. Patrick’s College aims to be recognised as a key College of Education providing quality university-level programmes in Ireland. The College will enhance and extend its national and international reputation by:
- Building on existing strengths to extend the range and nature of academic programmes.
- Providing students with an education experience which encourages the development of knowledgeable, skilled and confident graduates.
- Further developing relationships with domestic and international HEIs, with particular emphasis on fostering the relationship with the University of Limerick.
- Developing the research capacity of the College.
The core values of St. Patrick’s College shape the culture and define the character of the College. They guide decision-making at all levels and ultimately will facilitate the realisation of our vision:
- Academic excellence through the provision of values-led, quality teaching with an emphasis on critical and reflective thinking.
- Respect for others and the dignity of the individual, inclusiveness, compassion and integrity.
- Collaboration and shared-decision-making.
- Service that enriches the community.