Diane Corkery Head of Religious Studies Department
Name: Diane Corkery
Position: Head of Religious Studies
Tel: +353 (0)504 21201
BATh (2002, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth)
MTh (2004, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth)
Propaedeutic Greek and Hebrew (2006, Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome).
Awards and Scholarships:
BATh Prize (2002, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth)
Third Year Dogma Prize (2002, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth)
The New Testament Greek Prize (2003, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth)
The Michael Devlin Scholarship (2003, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth)
Synoptic Gospels; Gospel of John; Pauline Literature; Introduction to Religion and Theology; Christology.
- The Synoptic Gospels
- Temple theology in Luke-Acts
- Religion and Film
- Religious Education
“Give Up Yer Aul Sins: The Word in Irish Animation.” In Treasures of Irish Christianity: A People of the Word, volume ii, edited by Salvador Ryan and Brendan Leahy, 270-273. Dublin: Veritas, 2013.
“Walt Kowalski A Christ-Figure? Christic Resonances in Gran Torino.” Journal of Religion and Film 15, no. 2 (2011).
“The Scriptural Roots of the Diaconate.” In Deacons: Ministers of Christ and of God’s Mysteries, edited by Gearóid Dullea, 17-28. Dublin: Veritas, 2010.
“Commentary and Reflections for Sundays and Festivals.” Scripture In Church 150 (2008): 32-42.
“A Thought for a Homily.” Intercom 36, no. 9 (2007): 39, 41, 43, 45, 47.
“Commentary and Reflections for Sundays and Festivals.” Scripture In Church 147 (2007): 60-70.
“Reflections for Weekdays and Saints’ Days.” Scripture In Church 144 (2006): 85-93.
Review of Filled With The Spirit, by John R. Levison. Irish Theological Quarterly 78, no. 2 (May 2013):198-199.
Review of People of the Spirit: Exploring Luke’s View of the Church, by Graham H. Twelftree. Irish Theological Quarterly 76, no. 1 (February 2011): 97-99.
Review of The Gospel of John in Cultural and Rhetorical Perspective, by Jerome H. Neyrey. The Expository Times 121, no. 12 (September 2010): 625-626.
Review of Luke: Storyteller, Interpreter, Evangelist, by Mikeal C. Parsons. The Expository Times 121, no. 8 (May 2010): 413-414.
Review of Spiritual Landscape: Images Of The Spiritual Life In The Gospel of Luke, by James L. Resseguie. Irish Theological Quarterly 69, no. 4 (December 2004): 414-415.
Memberships of Associations:
- Member, Irish Biblical Association
- Member, Catholic Biblical Association of America
- Board Member, The European Society for Catholic Theology (Irish Section)
Qualifications: BA (Legal Science & History); BA in Theology; MA; H. Dip in Education; Higher Diploma in the Teaching of Religion.
Modules: World Religions, The God Question, Christology & The Trinity.
Research Interests: - Religious pluralism & Interreligious dialogue
Contact Details: email@example.com
Mary T. O’Brien PBVM
Qualifications: BA, MA, H.D.E., PhD
Undergraduate Teaching: The Pentateuch; Prophetic Literature; Deuteronomic History.
Specialist Areas: Pauline Studies; Intertextuality; The Psalms of Israel; Johannine Studies
Research Interests: St Paul’s Letter to the Romans; Psalm 69; OT texts at work in NT; The Bible and Art; Consecrated Life in the Twenty-first Century.
Membership of Associations: Active membership of the following: Irish Biblical Association; Catholic Biblical Association of America; Society of Biblical Literature; Catholic Comment.
Select Publications (2003-2013)
“The Kilnaruane Pillar Stone”. In Treasures of Irish Christianity: A People of the Word, volume ii, edited by Salvador Ryan and Brendan Leahy. Dublin: Veritas, 2013.
Co-authored with Anne M. O’Leary, Women of Light. Sharing Nano Nagle’s Gospel Vision. Dakota Papers. Limerick: Union of Presentation Sisters, 2011.
“The Psalter at work in Paul’s Letter to the Romans”. In Romans, edited by Udo Schnelle. Leuven: Peeters, 2010.
“Making a Fresh Start with Saint Paul”. LUCEAT . Annual publication St Patrick’s College, Thurles, 2009.
Co-authored with Anne M. O’Leary, Contemplating the Mystery. Living the Vision.Los Gatos Papers. San Antonio, TX: Union of Presentation Sisters, 2009.
“The Scapegoat”. Intercom (April, 2007).
“The Language of Lament”. LUCEAT (2007).
“Celebrating the Word”. Intercom (November, 2006)
“Illuminating the Word. The St John’s Bible”. Intercom (June, 2005)
Intercom 2003 –2008. Monthly Editorial and monthly liturgical section.
“Women, Spirituality and Literature”. In Spirituality for our times, edited by Joseph Putti. Thurles: St Patrick’s College, Thurles, 2005.
“The Psalms of Israel.” Reality (April, 2004).
“Latecomers to the Light. A Study of the Roles of Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea in John’s Gospel.” New Theology Review (November, 2003/ February 2004).
“The Rendezvous”. Review for Religious (February, 2003).
1. Review of The Making of Paul (2009), by Richard I. Pervo. PIBA (Proceedings of the Irish Biblical Association), 2011, no. 30.
2. Review of The Art of the Saint John’s Bible. A Reader’s Guide to Wisdom Books and Prophets (2010), by Susan Sink. The Furrow, February, 2011.
3. Review of Understanding the Gospels (2009), by Vicente Balaguer. The Furrow, December, 2010.
4. Review of Jesus, a Jewish Galilean (2004), by Sean Freyne. PIBA (Proceedings of the Irish Biblical Association), 2005, no. 28.
5. Review of The Origins of Paul’s Gospel, by Seyoon Kim. PIBA (Proceedings of the Irish Biblical Association), 2003, no. 26.
Poems published in the following collections and elsewhere:
Poetry Today; Watching the River Flow; Poetry Ireland; As the Poet said; Poets of Beara; Outlines
Academic Papers presented
1. “Who is God for Paul in First Corinthians?” Pauline Seminar, Catholic Biblical Association of America, Notre Dame, Indiana, August 2012.
2. “The Jealousy Motif in Romans 9-11”, Paper delivered at SBL (Society of Biblical Literature) International, London, 2011.
3. “The Psalter in Paul’s Letter to the Romans”, Paper delivered at KUV Summer School, Leuven 2008
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Gerard Condon
Qualifications: BA (St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth); BD, STL (Gregorian University, Rome); HDE (University College Cork); DD (Gregorian University, Rome)
Modules: The Spirituality of the Educator
- Spiritual Direction
- Jungian psychology and the interpretation of dreams.
- The Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
The Power of Dreams. A Christian Guide. Dublin: Columba Press, 2008.
“Learning that is not Taught: Spirituality and the Dreams of Children.” The Way 51/1 (2012): 41-54.
“Religious Education and the Revised Junior Cycle.” Intercom 42/8 (2012): 18-19.“‘An Ordinary Modern Villa.’ Doneraile Parochial House.” Mallow Field Club Journal 30 (2012): 41-50.
“Issues in Post Primary Religious Education.” Intercom 41/8 (2011): 20.“An Cliadh Dúbh: A Linear Earthwork in North Cork.” Mallow Field Club Journal 28 (2010): 15-24.
“The Personal Journal. A Spiritual Quest.” Spirituality 16 (2010): 228-231.
Membership of Association:
- National Association of Post-Primary Diocesan Advisers
- Diocese of Cloyne: Council of Priests
Rev. Joe Tynan
Certificate in Philosophy; B.A. in Theology; S.T.L
The Moral Challenge; Virtue Ethics
- Analysis of 100 years of Catholic Social Teaching
- The Crisis in Moral Theology as addressed by Veritatis Splendor